At the iv.clinic, we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of Personal Information iv.clinic (as follows, “we” or “us”) collects, uses and discloses in connection with the iv.clinic website (the “iv.clinic”). It explains how we use and disclose that information, the choices you have regarding such use and disclosure, and how you may correct that information.
We show our commitment to your privacy, by complying with the laws and regulations under applicable privacy laws in Canada, and specifically the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and the Personal Health Information Protection Act and the regulations thereunder. From time to time, we may make changes to this Privacy Statement. The Privacy Statement is current as of the “last revised” date which appears at the bottom of this page. We will treat Personal Information in a manner consistent with the Privacy Statement under which it was collected, unless we have your consent to treat it differently.
- What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual. This information may include but is not limited to your name, contact information, information that relates to your physical or mental health, including information that consists of the health history of your family, information related to the providing of healthcare to you, including the identification of a person as a provider of healthcare to you, and iv.clinic usernames and passwords. Personal Information, however, does not include your name, business title or business address and business telephone number in your capacity as an employee of an organization.
- How do we collect your Personal Information?
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we (and/or those third parties) have obtained your consent, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Where do we store your Personal Information?
We will keep the Personal Information that we collect either at the iv.clinic offices or our service provider’s data centers.
- How do we use your Personal Information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to facilitate and administer your access to the iv.clinic Platform, and your use of the iv.clinic Platform’s functionality;
- to facilitate communications with third-party service providers with whom we have a contractual relationship such as, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Pharmacists;
- to advise you about new programs and services that may be of interest to you;
- to respond to your inquiries, complaints or requests;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to iv.clinic's operations;
- to investigate legal claims;
- such purposes for which iv.clinic may obtain consent from time to time;
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
- To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
Generally, we will only make disclosures of Personal Information to such persons for which you provide your consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing:
- We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement that includes appropriate privacy standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes – such as, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists and service providers that provide telephone support or data storage or processing.
- We may also make disclosures of Personal Information to a potential acquiror in connection with a transaction involving the sale of some or all of the business of iv.clinic (in which case the use of your personal information by the new entity would continue to be limited by applicable law), or as otherwise permitted or required by law. In addition, we may send Personal Information outside of the country for the purposes set out above, including for process and storage by service providers in connection with such purposes. However, you should note that to the extent that any Personal Information is out of the country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
- When and how do we obtain your consent?
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances. In limited circumstances, we may rely on a third party to obtain your consent to the sharing of your personal information with us. You may withdraw your consent by providing us notice. You may expressly instruct that your personal health information not be used or disclosed for healthcare purposes without your consent.
- How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with our affiliates and other third parties?
We ensure that all affiliates and other third parties that are engaged to perform services on our behalf and are provided with Personal Information are contractually required to observe the intent of this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices.
- How long will we use, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
We will use, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
- How can you review your Personal Information that we have collected, used or disclosed?
If you make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, used or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by law. We will make such Personal Information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
- How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, when required.
- What if the Personal Information we have on you is inaccurate?
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
- How fast will we respond to your written requests?
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than 30 days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada in respect of this time limit.
- Are there any costs to you for requesting information about your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
We will not charge any costs for you to access your Personal Information in our records or to access our privacy practices without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any.
- How do we know that it is really you requesting your Personal Information?
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
- What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees, who are granted access to your Personal Information, are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
- How do you contact us regarding access to your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information, this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, should be forwarded to our inbox at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile Terms of Service
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2023
The iv.clinic mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by iv.clinic (“iv.clinic”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to iv.clinic’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of iv.clinic through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with iv.clinic. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18883065642 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other iv.clinic mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18883065642 or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
Last revision: Nov 10, 2023